Click on this and Register

Friday, May 1, 2015

Let the Seatbelt Protects you

Whenever you are on the driving seat, you always have to remember to buckle up your seatbelt, because the seatbelt will save you in case of any accident. You don’t have to procrastinate because “had I know is always at last”. It will hold you firmly on your driving seat so that you will not be thrown out of the vehicle, or hit your chest on the steering wheel. The first US patent for automobile seatbelt was issued to Edward J. Claughorn of New York on February, 10. 1885. Claghorn was granted a United State safety belt patent for tourist, described in the patent as “designed to be applied to a person and provide with hooks and other attachment for securing the person to a fixed object” After that, the Swedish inventor, Niis Bohlin also invented the three point seatbelt .not the first one, but the modern seatbelt which is now used as standard safety device in all cars. Although, I do not feel comfortable when I buckle up the seat belt while driving, but as much as I am safety conscious, I always buckle it up when I am driving. Driving without fixing your seatbelt is like going to face your opponent in war without having the arms to fight. In this case you may not be able to defend yourself when you are faced with such a situation I quite remember the day I had a serious accident but was protected by the seatbelt. I travelled to my home town, which was a distance of about 180 kilometers away from my destination; I took the public transport and sat at the front seat near the driver. It was an early morning trip, and had to go and return before noon. As I sat on the front seat, I Saw the seatbelt hanging loosely in the vehicle and so I quickly buckled it up. In about thirty minute’s time, when the vehicle was full, the drive took off on the highway. Initially, the speed was not too high but gradually, I peep on the speed meter and saw that he was driving around 100 kilometer per hour. After some times I started dosing and could not see what happened, immediately, I heard a big ‘bang’ from one of the front tires of the vehicle. The driver, who could not control his speed, quickly applied a sharp brake, and sends the vehicle into a ditch after somersaulting in the nearby bush. I later saw myself on the hospital bed, feeling severe pains on my body after recovering from unconsciousness. If I hadn’t fix the seat belt, I would have dropped dead by now and would have been thrown into the grave. So the seatbelt had actually saved my life during that brutal accident. The seatbelt is not there for fun but for a purpose and that is very clear as much as your safety is concerned. So people who are driving without fixing the seatbelt are putting themselves in a very great danger. With no seatbelt to stop the driver on the seat, the driver flies free until stopped suddenly by impact on the steering wheel or windshield etc. The stopping distance is estimated to be about one fifth of that with a seatbelt, causing the average impact force to about five times as great. So the moderate amount of stretch in a seatbelt harness can extend the stopping distance and reduce the average impact on the driver compared to a non stretching seatbelt harness

No comments:

Post a Comment